Friday, August 1, 2014

The Paperboy







Movie Title--  The Paperboy

Release Year--  2012

Running Time--  1 Hour and 47 Minutes

Director--  Lee Daniels

Cast--  Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, David Oyelowo, Macy Gray, John Cusack

A reporter goes back to his Florida home-town with his writer in tow to investigate the case of death-row inmate Hillary Van Wetter.




So, I am doing something that I don't normally do and I am skipping the description for this film.  I honestly have no idea why I sat through this entire film.  It was boring and at times it made absolutely no sense.  There was a plot and a very slight sense of direction but it gets lost in the erratic camera work and loose directing.  A lot of elements could have been left out of this film and it would have been much better than it turned out.  

I am very disappointed that this film had the cast that it did and wasn't any better.  I thought the acting was pretty good, I mean, only one of the five main characters is actually from the south and yet most of them pull off a pretty good southern drawl.  I just think that it was a waste to have such good talent in such a horrible film.




Well, there you have it, I believe this is the first movie that I have sat through so far that I have absolutely hated.  I am curious at what anyone else has to say about this film.  If you happen to watch it (or have already watched it) and care to leave a comment telling me what you  think, please feel free, I welcome other people's opinions.  Overall, skip this one completely, there is something better you could be doing with your time.  Don't Forget the Popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment