Monday, March 6, 2017

March's Documentaries





Hi everyone and thank you so much for coming back for my new posts!  So, typically I don't pay much attention to "______ History Month"  (Black history month, women's history month, latino history month, ect) but then I thought, why not use that as a theme for my documentaries.  

So, this month is "Women's History Month", therefore, the next few weeks the Thursday documentary will be about women.  I don't plan on spotlighting a certain kind of woman or anything like that, I actually am going to try to find some unique type stories to hightlight this month.

That being said, I am going to put out a warning about this week's documentary:

It is about abortion.

The reason for the warning is, this is a very touchy subject and I don't want anyone to show up Thursday and go "WHAT IS THIS??"  I will not put any of my views into the post, that is not what I am here for, I am just going to give you a run down of the film and explain why I did or didn't like it without sticking my opinion on the subject matter in the end.

Just to clarify, this week's documentary is called "Vessel" and it is about a woman that gets a crew and takes a ship into international waters to help provide abortion services (they don't do any physical abortions, they just help women with pills) to women that have no where else to turn.

Now that you have been warned, make sure you come back Thursday for "Vessel" and Don't Forget the Popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment