Saturday, September 20, 2014

Cosmopolis






Movie Title--  Cosmopolis

Release Year--  2012

Running Time--  1 Hour and 49 Minutes

Director--  David Cronenberg

Cast--  Robert Pattinson, Sarah Gadon, Paul Giamatti, Kevin Durand

A limo ride across town in New York to get a haircut becomes an odyssey for a 28 year old billionaire who's life slowly becomes unraveled throughout the course of the day.




28 year old Eric Packer (Robert Pattinson), an asset manager in New York City, decides to ride across town in his state of the art stretch limo to his preferred barber for a haircut.  The ride is a slow one because of traffic jams due to the visit of the Untied States President and the funeral of Packer's favorite rap star.  The various visitors to his "rolling office" all discuss life and meaningless nonsense throughout the course of the day.




This is another film for the flop bucket!  This film was completely boring and it fought to hold on to a story that was basically nonexistent.  It made absolutely no sense.  The dialogue in the film was lengthy and emotionless.  When the characters started to interact with each other I found myself thinking "who cares?".  It really didn't take long for me to realize I was only finishing the film so I could express how much I disliked wasting my time sitting through it.  All I can assume is that since this film came out the same year as "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" came out, Pattinson was trying to get away from his sparkly vampire image.  I hate to admit it but I would rather see him as a sparkly vampire than whatever the hell he was trying to be in this film.

Don't waste your time with this film.  Of all the films I have viewed so far, this one is in the top five of my most disliked films.  I can promise you that you truly will hate yourself if you waste the time viewing this film.  Until next time, Don't Forget the Popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment