Thursday, July 17, 2014

Blowing the Dust Out of the Popcorn Bucket...





Wow movie buffs, it has been quite a while; 4 years and 32 days to be exact (but who's counting?).  I was surfing around on Netflix the other day and found a movie that I thought sounded interesting, so I watched it.  When I was done I said to myself "I really enjoyed that movie.  I wish I knew someone that I could talk about it with.".  That got me thinking about this blog and how much I used to enjoy it.  Once the gears were grinding, I looked up this old blog here that I used to write and was surprised to see that even though I have not written in a long while, I still seem to be getting heavy traffic to this blog.  With that, I have decided to make my grand re entrance to the movie world by blowing the dust out of the popcorn bowl and I welcome you to join me.



I will start by saying, a lot has changed in 4 years (and are blogs even still popular?) but one thing I know that hasn't changed and it is the love people have for the movies.  The movies are an escape for most people; a few hours that a person can spend not having to think about what is going on with what is happening to them personally and immerse themselves into whatever world it is they choose to step into.  I also know that time is precious, so I am here to help steer you away from the bad ones and maybe even open your eyes to something new, maybe a genre that you wouldn't typically pick.  



What I plan to do is very similar to what I did before.  The layout for the movies will be the same:  Title, run time, release year, production company, director, cast, movie synopsis and lastly my own opinion on the movie.  I am also going to try to do a documentary every week like before as well, HOWEVER, I am sure I will NOT be posting a movie a day, so the weeks that the posts seem a little light, I plan on skipping the documentary.  I do have a small child now, so every once in a while, you may find an unexpected feature length cartoon movie review.



I do like feedback, it doesn't matter if the feedback is good or bad, feedback means someone is nice enough to give me their own opinion, so please feel free to comment on any post you see here (existing ones or the ones that are to come in the future).  Also, feel free to recommend movies for me to review and I will do my best to review them right away.  Thanks for the interest and I hope that I can help you steer your way through the good, the bad and the ugly that is the silver screen.  Oh yeah and Don't Forget the Popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment