Monday, June 7, 2010

Caddy Shack


Movie Title-- Caddyshack

Release Year-- 1980

Running Time-- 1 Hour and 38 Minutes

Production Company-- Warner Home Video

Director-- Harold Ramis

Cast-- Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight, Michael O'Keefe


A young caddy from an overpopulated home pursues a caddy scholarship at the exclusive country club that he works at. While trying to impress Judge Smalls, the top sponsor of the tournament, many antics occur, from explosions in hopes to kill an annoying gopher to the outrageous comedy of an annoying "new money" developer.


OK, so, if I could be completely honest, I did not want to see this film. I am just not really into comedy like this but my husband goes a little crazy every time "Caddyshack" comes up and I tell him that I have never seen it, so I decided to sit down with him and watch it.


This movie really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you are looking for a well developed plot, don't look for it here. As far as the plot goes, they develop it so it goes as far as they need it to while making sure all their comedic sketches are well played out. Honestly Rodney Dangerfield and Chevy Chase are awesome in this film. I am sure I am going to catch a lot of hell over this next statement but I do not like Bill Murray, I am just not a fan of his and so I thought that his role in this film was just pure stupid. Of course, a lot of Murray fans probably want to spit on me right now but like I said, I am just not a big fan of his, so his crazy ground-keeper role was just not a favorite of mine.


My favorite part of the whole movie was the gopher. That funny, dancing, pain in the ass rodent was the most entertaining part of the movie. All in all, this was not a bad movie, just one that I probably wouldn't have chosen on my own. If you are in the mood for a classic, slapstick comedy, this is one you should catch. Until next time, Don't forget the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment