Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Skip the review today folks

OK everyone, I am skipping the movie review today. I know, I can hear your hearts breaking as I post this but I do however, have a very good reason for it. I want to outline how these movie reviews will be set up.

I had a complaint that I am posting movies that no one has heard of. Well, that is kinda true, I am, but the honest truth is, the reason I started this blog was purely selfish; I just wanted to find something to fill my time while at the same time doing something I love. So, the movies I was going to review would only be the ones I wanted to see. I then realized that I have a lot of friends that like to watch movies, so I decided to ask for suggestions from them about movies they think I would like. As the movies were being suggested I came to the second realization that a lot of these movies were older movies that people may not be interested in. Because of that, I had to do a lot of rethinking and this is what I came up with....

I would just review EVERYTHING. Yes, it sounds simple but really, it isn't. One day, someone is going to come across this blog (and honestly, some probably already have) and say "What the hell is this piece of crap movie she has reviewed" and never return. I like having people come back for more, so that made me start thinking about what kind of a direction this blog should go in and that is when I came up with the "review everything" solution. Let me explain:

I really want to expand my mind. This sitting around like a mindless zombie watching stupid comedies is fun but at what point does it start to rot your brain? I like all kinds of movies, so to help my mind reach the furthest, darkest corners it can, it needs something to respond to. Once a week I will be reviewing a documentary, even if it kills me to sit through it. The days I will post documentaries will be either Mondays or Tuesdays, just depending on what kind of documentary it is and whether or not my husband wants to watch it with me or not. Three days a week I am going to do newer movies. I say "newer" because in my opinion, a newer movie is something that has come out recently and I haven't seen yet, so what I am going to classify as a "newer"movie is anything from 2008-present. Once a week I am going to do an Independent film. Some weeks the "newer" film and the Indie film will be the same, I will not post another Indie film that week because some people aren't really much into those kind of films. The other two films will just be random. The random films gives a very wide range to choose from, on those random days it may be one of the following films; a black and white film, a musical, a foreign film, an animation, a western, a war epic, a fantasy, a sci-fi film, a silent film or a short film. Don't get me wrong, some of these films are not too odd, people watch fantasy films or westerns all the time but others such as foreign films or silent films, not so much. I am trying to expand your mind here, so be ready to read a review on anything.

Also, I am going to try to do at least two films that are in the theaters a month, that way things don't get stale with "not so new" releases. There will be some weeks that I will choose to showcase a certain director or a certain actor, I will give everyone a heads up before I start those weeks, just so you know what you have coming at you that week.

I want to thank the followers I have right now for following me. We are the few but we are the strong! No, seriously, thanks for having enough faith in me to become a follower of my blog, I hope that I don't disappoint you! Well, now that you have a little bit better of an idea of what direction this blog will be taking, be sure to check back in tomorrow. Tomorrow's movie will be "The Men Who Stare at Goats". Join me tomorrow and don't forget the popcorn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment