Monday, May 3, 2010

Just checking in...

Hello everyone and sorry about there being no movie review today. I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing in essence. I assume that you have noticed that I have changed from putting the film company on the blog to putting the production company on the blog. This is because everyone can identify the production company but there are so many different film companies that you can't just look at them and decide if they are going to put out a decent film or not. Not to be bias at all but as we all know that if we see Disney has produced a film that it will probably be more geared toward the family, where as something that perhaps Focus Films has made is most likely going to be a little more racy, as it seems a lot of their stuff is more Indie like.

Also, I had meant to post a movie review everyday but I have quickly come to realize that has become a daunting task. If you include the couple of hours it takes to watch a movie and then the half hour to hour it takes to write the review (depending on how long winded I am and how many pictures I have to scour for), it becomes a large chunk of my day, then my other daily chores are pushed back and eventually it just becomes one large cluster....well, I think you know what I am trying to say. If I skip a day or two just know that I have fallen a little behind.

One last thing I would like to do is give a shout out to Netflix. Netflix has made this so much easier for me. The instant streaming on my Wii is excellent and it enables me to get so many more movies watched than it would if I had to scour my own collection or go out to the movie store to rent them. Believe it or not, this blog would be much shorter without the help of Netflix. Anyone thinking that they might get Netflix but aren't real sure if they should, I say go for it. It really is worth the money to have streaming movies anytime while waiting for you to mail you your next disc. Personally, I have been watching a lot of "Dexter" while waiting on my new discs to arrive. Netflix is helping me catch up on the shows I have always wanted to see while letting me choose what movies I want to see. I love it!

OK, now that I have checked in with ya, I am going to sign off. Today's documentary will be up tomorrow (just a day behind) and it will be called "It Might Get Loud". See you tomorrow, don't forget the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment